Poor Mack has been stuck with his mom all week; Daddy has been traveling for Motorola since Tuesday morning, first in New Jersey and then Seattle. We have created a pretty regimented schedule around here, mostly out of necessity (how else would we get out of the house on time?), but I didn't realize how much Mack would be affected by any slight difference in the routine now that he's a bit older. The usual morning routine is for me to wake up and get showered and mostly ready for work, then wake up Mack and nurse him. Then I hand him over to Charles for diapering, dressing and feeding oatmeal, while I finish dressing and get the milk and other supplies into the car.
This week I've handled the whole routine, but Mack isn't used to the change in rhythm. After nursing, he immediately sits up and looks at the door, expecting Daddy to walk through it.
Dada?
Then, when Mommy keeps cuddling him and no Daddy appears:
DADA!
I think he's grown an inch this week and has more hair. A third tooth is starting to appear (on the bottom), and Mack learned to high-five on demand and to play pattycake while nursing. (The latter I learned when I was desperate for an alternative to him slugging me and pulling my hair while nursing. If I smack his palm and call pattycake, he chortles and keeps nursing.) He is experimenting with standing solo, too, and has cruised a few tentative steps, mostly on his toes, while holding on to the couch or to me.
Birthday details to come soon! (And Daddy - hurry home already!)
1 comment:
Yep! A change in routine completely puts a child out of sorts, but they are pretty flexible and seem to adjust to it better than some adults. A third tooth on the bottom! Wow! Way to go, Mackie! It surely looked like he was favoring his upper plate!
Post a Comment