Macklin, Daddy and Mommy spent Sunday afternoon at the Chicago Children's Museum today, thanks to the family membership we got for Christmas from Grandma and Grandpa Berg. It was a VERY cold day - 8 degrees, according to the news this morning - and apparently Chicagoans didn't think visiting Navy Pier was such a great idea, so we didn't have to compete for space. Mack was a little short-tempered, due to being on a food strike for the last few days and not having much in his tummy other than milk, but he brightened up as soon as we entered the museum. Unlike last time, this time he walked instead of crawled all over the museum and enjoyed the fun, interactive exhibits, like the water table, the transportation room (with a bus!), and the awesome fire engine.
Mack and Daddy at the museum
We had a blast, and dinner went better than the last few days - a few handfuls of Cheerios, some banana/sweet potato yogurt (there is such a thing, yes), and lots of fruit. No soup, but at least he has something in his tummy.
7 comments:
Sweet laugh! :D
What fun! He is doing a good job of walking also!
With the 8 degree temps, I hope Mommy was wearing a pair of her new "mommy" mittens. While out skiing today, I met a "grandpa skier" who was pulling his 11 month old grandson in a pulk (that's a sled which is pulled behind a skier). The little guy fell asleep after half a mile and grandpa got a good workout.
I was wearing my mommy mittens, actually! They're very handy. (Get it? Handy? Har har.)
A pulk sounds cool. I was curious, so I googled to see what it looked like. For those of us who were raised in arid or southern climates and have never even been skiing, here's a pulk.
Pulling a pulk looks like it would give a good workout for the puller!Looks like fun. I would like to go to that museum with you the next time we go to Chicago! I want to have some fun with Mackie there! Looks like all three of you were having a blast!
XOXO, Grandma in TX
Grandpa Berg was envious of the pulk pulling grandpa and hopes to have the opportunity. One of the Hennepin County parks where I ski regularly rents pulks. I look at them longingly every time I'm there.
Definitely - anyone who visits us in Chicago will get a trip to the Children's Museum. I'll provide the snacks. Be sure to wear comfy shoes and something you don't mind getting wet - this is an interactive museum, and Mack loooooves to play with the water!
Post a Comment