Macklin is talking a blue streak, barely stopping for a breath and often coming up with hilarious and creative comments. As usual, these took place during our commute home.
Macklin: Where dose tars (cars) going?
Mommy: I don't know, buddy. Where do you think they're going?
Macklin: Dose tars going to work an' school an' home an' eat dinner!
Macklin (mad because the sun was in his eyes): Eh, the SUN. My eyes, Mom-meh!
Mommy: Sorry, buddy. It's bright out today, right? Just close your eyes if it's too bright.
Macklin (scrunches eyes closed briefly and reopens immediately): Das betteh.
Macklin: I need haircut.
Macklin (pointing to lake): Wan' turn right dere.
Mommy (with mock horror): No, we can't turn there. We'll go into the lake!
Macklin: SPLASH! I get wet! We go right dere and see fish an' boats an' wawa an' CHIPS!
Mommy (laughing): We'll see fish and boats and water and...ships?
Macklin: Yeah!
Macklin (wanting to scoop macaroni out of the serving bowl): No, Macklin do it! I do it MYSELF.
Mommy: I love you, Macklin.
Macklin: I luff you, Mom-meh.
2 comments:
I love it!! We are so ready to have these conversations in person!! xoxo
What a little conversationalist! Wonder where he gets that? Can't wait to wax philosophically with the young man!
XOXO, Grandma in TX
Post a Comment