Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Women in the workforce

TED talks are these wonderful 15 minute videos by inspirational speakers on all sorts of topics. Someone shared this with me today, and I really enjoyed it. It's about women in the workforce and why we make up only 15% of the top positions when we're 50% of the population.

I wish I could be at home and watch this with my talented and smart nieces. All I can say is, sit at the table, keep your hand raised and your foot on the gas pedal! (Watch the video and that will make sense!)

1 comment:

Mom and Dad in Texas said...

Worthy of being passed along! And I say to all three of my daughters and granddaughters: go for it, Girls! And share it with your significant others!

I am going to share it with my students--if my principal(male) so allows. How ironic is that?

XOXO, Grandma in Texas