Monday, June 17, 2013

Sick day conversations with Macklin

Fever on Sunday means no school on Monday. Actually, fever on Monday means no school on Cheerios-day Tuesday, either, so Macklin's not too pleased with that.

It does mean a sick day at home, though, and that's both a pain to manage and a nice chance to spent quality time with our boy. He was extra sweet and cuddly today, and we had a nice time. Charles spent the morning with him, and the docket included two games of Gobblet Gobblers, one game of Mancala, and some Angry Birds. I took the afternoon shift, and we headed to McDonalds' for a happy meal and some playground time. His throat is still sore; only the apples and honey were eaten - the beloved nuggets were ignored. 20 minutes on the slides, and Macklin was tired enough to head home and nap for over an hour.

When he woke up, I let him have two bowls of oatmeal, and we snuggled with books for a long while. He sighed happily, "I love reading with you, Mommy!"

Later, heading to the kitchen for a snack, he smiled and said, "Thank you for giving me all the stuff I like, Mommy."

His fever spiked to 102 in the afternoon, and that wasn't great, but he never lost his sense of humor. Once the ibuprofen kicked in, he felt much better and watched some Wild Kratts animated TV with me - a new favorite. This episode featured a sea creature battle and the volcanos at the bottom of the sea.

"Mommy, does our sea have underwater volcanos?"

"Yes, I think so."

Macklin's eyes grew wide.

"WHOA."

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We love this sweet boy so much!