
Macklin has outgrown his little wagon!
Macklin had a wonderful time visiting with Grandma and Grandpa Berg last week while I was in California. As far as I can tell, my absence went unnoticed because reportedly he was not fussy at all and was happy as a clam when I saw him on Friday morning. There was a big snowstorm the day I left as well, so Macklin didn't attend school all week and instead played at home with his grandparents. What a lucky kid, and what lucky parents we are to have dedicated grandparent-turned-babysitters on short notice!
On Sunday we took Macklin to his favorite place: the children's museum. While there, he was engrossed in a ball activity (pick up ball - put in angled trough - watch it roll down - repeat), and we must have said his name several times, because a woman turned to us, startled, and said, "Did you say his name was Macklin?" Turns out, her toddler son's name is Macklin, too. When she asked Charles how we heard of the name, he remembered that when I suggested it, I mentioned I had read it in a book but couldn't remember which one. Oddly, that's the same way this mom came across the name as well, but neither of us could remember the book. This must be the "mommy brain" phenomena of poor memory I keep reading about.
It was nice to be away for a bit and gave me time to focus on my relatively new job and what I want out of it. I also enjoyed both flights, since I was able to read and listen to my ipod without holding a restless toddler. (No offense, Mackie!) It's so nice to be home, though, and I'm glad there's over a month until my next trip. My boy grew so much in a week, it's hard to believe. He's now 23 pounds, 26 inches tall, has 8 teeth and has a pretty good amount of hair (finally.)
1 comment:
Mackie surely looks bigger in that picture than he did at Christmas! What are you feeding him? He is growing like a weed!
XOXO, Mom in TX
Post a Comment