Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Conversations with Macklin

Macklin continues to entertain us with delightful, insightful and occasionally hilarious conversations. His ability to put together sentences and concepts is amazing, and he now can tell stories, make a joke, even compare things that look like other things.

Macklin, pointing to a penguin: It look like loon.

Lately our conversations have centered around funny noises, snow and physics.

Macklin: BRAP. I burp! 'Scuse me!
Mommy: Excuuuuuuuuuse you.
Macklin: Mommy, you burp!
Mommy, delicately: burp!
Macklin: Haha! Excuuuuuuse you! Daddy, you burp!
Daddy, loudly: BUUUUUUURRRRRPPPPPP!
 Macklin: Haha! Excuuuuuuse you, Daddy! We burp. Whole family burp!

Daddy: Macklin, do the sad trombone.
Macklin: WAH-WAAAAAAH.

Macklin: Dere's snow on tars (cars.) It's snowy. It's c-c-c-COLD. We don't go in lake. It's cold water.

Macklin: Mommy, we don't drive up towers.
Mommy: That's right, buddy. We don't drive up towers. We drive on roads.
Macklin: We don't drive down towers. We might fall. Towers might fall. Don't knock down towers, Mommy.
Mommy: Okay.

2 comments:

Doug said...

One of my favorite Macklin antics was when, at New Years, we were having lunch--I don't think you were there, Sara. Macklin, in 2-year-old fashion, shouted out "I want yogurt!" Charles told him he could have yogurt when he finished what was on his plate. Macklin repeated, "I want yogurt!" several times, the volume increasing with each repetition. Charles calmly but sternly said, "You don't yell at Daddy, Macklin." I thought Gamma Berg's lower lip was going to bleed, she was biting it so hard to keep from laughing out loud when Macklin WHISPERED, "I want yogurt." I didn't even try to hold back.

Unknown said...

That's hilarious. The whispering trick is one of my favorites. Some mornings he whispers, "I want mo' muffin!" for half the commute to school.