Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A song and conversation with Macklin

Eating cinnamon Kurtos Kalacs at the delicious Chimney Cake Island cafe on Devon Avenue.
One of my favorite things about having a toddler so far is how creative and silly he is. Macklin is making these amazing word associations and is proving adept at turning them into jokes. For example, he loves making toast; he puts the bread in, pushes down the lever and breathlessly waits for it to pop up.

POP!

Of course, "pop" is in one of his favorite songs. So today, upon arriving home, he sang this with a huge smile:

All 'round da mulberry bush, da monkey chase da weeeeeeee-sel. Da monkey t'ought it was all a game. POP! Goes da weeeeeeeee-sel toaster!

4 comments:

Mom and Dad in Texas said...

from Mary Claire: I loved the song that Mackie sang; it was cute. The tent I thought was a tunnel; I would like to play with Mackie in it!

I love you very much! Mary Claire

Mom and Dad in Texas said...

from Catherine: When Macklin sang the song, Pop, the toaster part was so cute. The bucket video and the laughing video were adorable. I loved them all.

I love you so much, KK

Mom and Dad in Texas said...

We laughed and laughed. We needed some good laughs: Catherine is sick, Mary Claire is hungry, and Grandma is sleepy!

Love to you all,
the three girls

Doug said...

And there is also "Pop-Pop."

Marlene and I watch the laughing video every day--what a day brightener!

Love,
Pop-Pop