The preparation continues. Sara and I have been busy every weekend since, oh, about a month ago when my parents came to help. Mom and Dad really jump started our preparations for the little one. Dad and I painted the baby's room, a staircase (hey, he was here), and put together a crib. Mom took Sara shopping and helped clean a bit.
Since then, we have been on a tear. It's either nesting activities (finally fixing the hole in the wall, cleaning and organizing the garage) or direct I'm-getting-ready-for-baby activities. Sara, who is the most organized person I know when she puts her mind to it, has lists, ideas, and (I suspect) timetables. I'm riding that wave. This baby is in good hands.
With all the preparation, it's easy to forget that Sara & I need to connect with each other. Sara & I spend so much time working, and working as a team is so familiar due to our resident head days. So last weekend, we went to Garwood orchard. Sara waddled around, I waddled around with a pumpkin in my hands.
The photos are in the next post, I believe (I'm so new to this). The rest (13 of them) are on Flickr.
2 comments:
Okay so I LOVE that you have put this out there!!!! What a great thing to read as the sun is coming up and I'm getting into the "it's Monday again" mode.
Sara looks beautiful - your chipmunk cheeks are gorgeous! I think if you date the picture back about 35 years, you look a lot like someone else we all know and love...
And Charles is quite handsome himself! :) this baby has good genes...I can't wait to see him!
xoxo alicia
Aww, thanks! :)
Post a Comment