Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy birthday Macklin!

It's been quite a first week at home - can it really be Friday already? And Halloween? Wow. Time sure flies when you're having fun. And, you know, feeding and diapering a little one every two hours or so.

Today (Thursday, although I guess it's past midnight now and technically Friday) is Macklin's 1 week birthday. To celebrate, he lost his umbilical cord stump and now has a cute little belly button. Of course, his daddy and I also lost his umbilical cord. (We hope to find it in the sheets somewhere.) It was a beautiful day in Chicago, and Charles was able to sneak a bike ride in between helping me with nursing and swaddling, and I was able to stand up for long enough to change Macklin's diapers a few times. That's progress! Right now little Mack seems to be on a feeding frenzy - demanding snacks almost hourly this evening.We're hoping it's a short-lived phase.

Macklin would like to send a shout-out to his grandparents in Minnesota and Texas. He misses you all and says thanks very much for all the love and help this week.

Macklin after a successful lunch

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Heartbreakingly ADORABLE! I'm so glad you posted this! xoxoxo

Sara said...

holy COW was that cute, Sara. he's gorgeous!

Alicia said...

Oh my goodness, he is just so incredibly cute!! I love the video, just love it.

I hope his first Halloween was great! :)