Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Packed and waiting

I give up. Tomorrow is my last day in the office (assuming we don't have the baby tonight!) I have 12 days until my due date, but things seem to be progressing a lot, and I was so uncomfortable at work today. You know you're a wreck when people say things like, "Wow, hanging in there?" and "I can't believe you're here - you're nuts."

Luckily, I've worked for my boss for almost 7 years, and he's a pretty understanding guy. So, I'm taking Thursday, Friday and Monday off, and if the baby still isn't around by then, I'll work from home until he makes his grand appearance. At least I only have one more day of trying to squeeze into semi-professional maternity clothes and pretending I can think of anything but the baby.

Today contractions started around 2 pm, much earlier than usual, and they're still going. They're pretty irregular, though - only about every 20 minutes right now. My bag is packed, just in case. If we end up in the hospital tonight, I hope they don't mind if we watch the presidential debates in between pushes. :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ooooh, how exciting! Hang in there. xoxoxo

Alicia said...

I have fond memories of watching Martha Stewart describe eBay, and of "Where in the World is Matt Lauer" (he was at Victoria Falls) when I was in labor with Catherine. When it came to pushing though the only thing I could see was the red light on the smoke alarm above my bed. Lovely focal point, huh? It did the job...

With MC I think I listened to some stupid soaps but I dont really remember, I do remember leafing through O magazine that Scott picked up at the gift shop. Mindless, lots of good pictures and big fat pages.

If you're still "hanging in there" YEAH for you! It wont be long now.