Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A big boy

Macklin and Mommy visited the doctor's office on Monday for a quick weigh-in. It's like Weight Watchers for babies, only we're hoping to see big numbers on the scale. Big Mack weighed in at 12 pounds, 6 ounces. That's a gain of almost two pounds last month. Yay!

In less exciting news, last night was not so great for sleeping. Macklin zonked out at 10 pm, which was great, but slept fitfully until 1:15 am. He nursed until 2 am, I pumped until 2:30 am, and then I slept lightly until 4 am when Kirby decided to serenade us all from the office loft. This continued until almost 5 am, when Macklin decided to wake up and nurse again. Then he was super gassy and didn't want to go back to sleep until 6:15 am. I got about 20 minutes of snooze time before getting dressed and driving poor sleepy Daddy to work.

Ah, good times. (yawn)

3 comments:

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Hi! I work with Jen (cyberly) at BettyConfidential and I live near Chicago (near Naperville) so we're always talking about you and the new baby. I asked her how he was doing so she shared the blog with me. He's a doll and I hope you all are doing great! Such a cutie!

Mom and Dad in Texas said...

It will get better, I promise. The younger the baby, the less sleep for mom and dad. One day you will be saying that he is growing up too fast! Enjoy the innocence and devotion while you can.

Unknown said...

Well, I may not be innocent, but I'm still devoted to you, Mom! :)