Macklin is a seasoned air traveler. By the time he returns from Texas, we will have completed 6 return trips (12 legs) for a total of 8700 miles.
Until this recent trip, Mack had his flying habits down pat. He would have some milk after takeoff and then let the engine noise lull him into a nap of no less than an hour.
But now he is a toddler. And being a toddler means no sleep if something interesting is going on. And the bar for "something interesting" is pretty low. The window shade got a lot of attention. Sara got a ton of bruises as she became a human jungle gym for his in-seat airplane exploration. I became acutely aware of how long the flight was and how many minutes had elapsed. But, for all of Mack's machinations, he wasn't fussy. I believe (well, I think) Macklin wasn't a bother to other passengers.
More fun in sitting happened today as we brought Macklin to see his cousins in 101 Dalmations. 101 Dalmations was slated for a 45 minute runtime (again, I have become aware of the unit known as the minute) and I figured if Mack got halfway through that it was a success.
He hung tight for the whole play! Not only that, but he paid attention, somewhat. He applauded after songs and keyed in on his cousins when they were on stage. I really have to get used to this growing up concept.
Finally, I'm writing this from my phone, so I have no idea if this will work. I'm going to upload a video and hopefully it will show. If it doesn't, it also can be found at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1opIWk-aONo&feature=youtube_gdata
2 comments:
Hey, guys, is there any way to delete the address from your posts? Doesn't seem like a great idea to have it up there...
Deleted! That's automatically added - annoying...
Post a Comment